As new data recovery technologies become more sophisticated, confidential information stored on malfunctioning hard drives has never been more vulnerable to third-party exploitation. Typical warranties request failed hard drives be returned to the manufacturer during replacement.
This leaves customers with a difficult choice to make: risk sensitive data falling into the wrong hands or keep your hard drive – a practice that may violate many existing standard warranty agreements.
BCDVideo is now offering a Keep Your Hard Drive warranty to give customers from small businesses to large agencies complete control over their data and hard drive disposal while preserving all the benefits of the BCDVideo standard hardware warranty on failed hard drives. While still possible to return your drive, the Keep Your Hard Drive warranty waives the requirement to return failed drives.
- Greater Security– Your sensitive data and hard drive never have to leave your control. Retaining physical possession of a failed hard drive is an effective way to help ensure the security of classified, proprietary, or sensitive data. Tracking failed hard drives in-transit becomes a non-issue. Covers multiple drives in a system and multiple failures.
- Compliance Enablement– Help comply with current data privacy regulations and internal company policies by ensuring sensitive information on your hard drives is not compromised.
- Risk Mitigation– Proper control of sensitive data can mitigate the risk of expensive civil liability by helping to prevent potential exposure of confidential customer data or intellectual property.
How to Get a Keep Your Hard Drive Warranty
The BCDVideo Keep Your Hard Drive warranty comes standard with the following video surveillance solutions:
- Apollo Servers – Purpose-built, high-performance with key IP video optimized features like 12G SAS drives, dual SSD for the operating system, RAID 5/6 disk protection, dual power supply, and the latest Intel processors.
- Neptune Servers – Purpose-built to maximize write-intensive support for video surveillance applications. Video surveillance grade drives make upgrading analog systems or deploying robust video-optimized solutions simple and effective.
- Gemini Workstations – Purpose-built to be compact and efficient. Effortlessly achieve reliable, high-performance video streaming for secure viewing environments.
To find out more about the BCDVideo Keep Your Hard Drive warranty, reach out to your sales representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.