BCD has become a worldwide industry leader in video surveillance storage systems. Security integrators have installed over 100,000 of our systems worldwide. We are looking for result-oriented individuals that have a desire to be part of a growing team.
Vital to our success, all our colleagues are treated with our core values in mind. We pride ourselves in supporting a cohesive, nurturing work environment where team members are inspired to be the best they can be. This role is an individual contributor that also supervises others to get the job done. Everyone works together to get the job done.
What will be done in this role:
- Work with our CFO and supervise the general accounting area of the company
- Oversee the Accounting operations including financial accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Implement and conduct training for new hires and identify training opportunities for current staff. We like to see our colleagues grow
- Oversees the system of internal controls over Accounting functions to minimize risk
- Oversees the preparation of periodic financial statements and the corporate annual report
- Actively involved in month end close process
- Ensures that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards
- Assists with sales & use tax and VAT compliance
- Performs expense report processing and compliance
- Assists external auditors and provides required statements and information for the annual audit
- Reviews budget reports and assists other departments to prepare annual budgets
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Assists with banking transactional input and management
- Complies with local, state, and federal government requirements
- Identifies and recommends updates to accounting processes and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
If you are someone with:
- Is a team player and enjoys working with others
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Mastery of accounting and tax preparation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Five years or more of related experience
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
We offer our team excellent health benefits – including medical, dental, vision, life and disability. We also have education benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
In 2020, BCD was named to BOTH Chicago’s Biggest and Brightest Companies, as well as the Best Places to Work in Illinois.
Come and be part of the future.
If you are excited to take the next step and learn move about this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.