Dell S5200-ON Series Switches
25GbE top-of-rack and 100GbE spine/leaf switches
- 1 or 2RU high-density ToR switches
- Multi-rate 100GbE ports support 10/25/40/50/100GbE
- Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet switching with QoS and a full complement of standards-based IPv4 and IPv6 features,
- VXLAN gateway functionality support
- Converged network support for DCB
- Routable RoCE to enable convergence of compute and storage on Leaf/Spine Fabric
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans on most models
- Supports the open source Open Network Install Environment (ONIE)
- Power-efficient operation and Dell Fresh Air 2.0 compliant up to 45ºC
The PowerSwitch S5200-ON 25/100GbE fixed switches comprise Dell Technologies’ latest disaggregated hardware and software data center networking solutions, providing state-of-the-art, high-density 25/100GbE ports and a broad range of functionality to meet the growing demands of today’s data center environment.
These innovative, next-generation open networking switches offer optimum flexibility and cost-effectiveness for web 2.0, enterprise, mid-market and cloud service provider with demanding compute and storage traffic environments. The S5200-ON is a complete family of switches:12-port, 24-port, and 48-port 25GbE/100GbE ToR switches, 96-port25GbE/100GbE Middle of Row (MoR)/End of Row (EoR) switch, and a 32-port 100GbE Multi-Rate Spine/Leaf switch. From the compact half-rack width S5212F-ON providing an ideal form factor for hyper-converged deployments, to the high density S5296F-ON for Middle of Row deployments, the S5200-ON series offers performance and flexibility for a variety of network designs.
In addition to 100GbE Spine/Leaf deployments, the S5232F-ON can also be used in high density deployments using breakout cables to achieve up to 128 10GbE or 128 25GbE ports.
Using industry-leading hardware and a choice of Dell EMC SmartFabric OS10 or select 3rd party network operating systems and tools, the S5200-ON switches incorporate multiple architectural features that optimize data center network flexibility, efficiency and availability, including IO panel to PSU or PSU to IO panel airflow for hot/cold aisle environments, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans and deliver non-blocking performance for workloads sensitive to packet loss.
Priority-based flow control (PFC), data center bridge exchange (DCBX) and enhanced transmission selection (ETS) make the S5200-ON family ideally suited for DCB environments.
Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5200-ON switches support the open source Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero touch installation of Dell EMC SmartFabric OS10 networking operating system, as well as alternative network operating systems.