Why Is Cybersecurity Necessary for Video Security Systems?
Your video surveillance footage is more than just documentation of what’s happening in the workplace — these videos also contain sensitive data that must remain within your organization. However, because security camera systems are often internet-connected, they’re at a higher risk for cyberattacks.
Data encryption and cybersecurity-focused solutions play a crucial role in safeguarding your company’s confidential video security system information by implementing layers of protection to reduce vulnerabilities and minimize the risk of data breaches. At BCD, we help our companies protect their business infrastructures with purpose-built cyber-hardened solutions, from ISO9001-certified facilities, that arm their video security systems against threats.
BCD has a decades-old, pre-surveillance history of designing high-availability datacenter servers, as well as our IT-centric understanding of hardware and server applications. With a cybersecurity mindset already engraved in our production and design culture, it allows us to remain vastly ahead of the competition.
From data encryption to our proprietary supply chain declaration, our cybersecurity focus is always driving us to be one step ahead of the next intrusive system threat. BCD leverages Dell’s Secure technology offerings to provide robust layers of security across hardware and firmware. BCD also uses Intel’s Threat Detection Technology (TDT) that harnesses hardware telemetry to help identify threats and detect anomalous activity. All of this is what allows our product lifecycles to flourish past any solutions provider in the video surveillance storage industry.
Our Data Encryption Cybersecurity Solutions
When you come to BCD for cybersecurity solutions, you can expect nothing less than the highest level of service and support in the industry. Our security integrators will work with you directly to set up your complete video security system at your location. Our integrators employ direct in-channel equipment sourcing to secure and supply everything you need, including hardware, software, programming, networking, plug-ins and workstations.
Some of our primary cybersecurity solutions for video security include:
- Hard drive encryption and enterprise key management: Encryption solutions convert all data stored on your system’s hard drive into complex codes that make the information unreadable to unauthorized persons who do not have a security key. Our technologies allow you to manage and store these encryption keys to ensure they’re secure.
- TAA/NDAA-compliant hardware: We offer video surveillance hardware that complies with National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and Trade Agreements Act (TAA) regulations.
- Hardware telemetry threat detection solutions: Our hardware telemetry solutions detect cyberattack behavior and defend your systems against threats.
- Access control solutions: We offer controlled access solutions for supply chain facilities to place restrictions on who can access your systems.
Our Cybersecurity Qualifications
At BCD, our qualifications set our data encryption cybersecurity solutions apart from the competition. When you do business with us, you can expect all of the following perks and proficiencies.
Secure System Infrastructure + Build Cycle
- Hardware root of trust enabled with secure boot options
- Digitally signed UEFI drivers firmware updates
- Optional system secure boot with TPM-enabled features
- Operating system secure boot policy enabled options
- CVE updated and patched system images
- Ongoing system image updates and security evaluations
- Optional hard drive encryption and enterprise key management
- TAA/NDAA compliant hardware is available
- Optional limited hardware ports of entry
- Cyber-hardened video appliances
Supply Chain Security
- Direct and in-channel equipment sourcing from ODM partners
- CCTV monitored warehouse, staging and build facilities to ensure no tampering
- Controlled access to facilities
- Screening and inspection of cargo at entry
- ISO 9001:2015 certified facilities
For more information on cybersecurity and the security industry, you can consult these resources
Protect Your Data With Data Encryption Cybersecurity Solutions From BCD Today
Whether you’re looking to secure your video security systems with hard drive encryption or telemetry threat detection solutions, the experts at BCD can get the job done. We provide our customers with white-glove services based on their needs, along with unmatched pre- and post-sale support.
Contact us to learn more about our cybersecurity solutions today!